Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 1

I'm not ready to post actual weights but I have it on an app on my phone.  Yes, there's an app for that too!

Today was easy.. day one of anything usually is though.  It's the days beyond that it gets rougher.  We're going into the city this weekend for my birthday dinner at Nobu.  I'll try to eat well there but since it's a treat and my birthday only happens once a year, I'm okay if I don't stick to total low carb.

As I was saying, today was easy and enjoyable foodwise.  Boring at work because I'm too caught up for my own good so I kept thinking I should get a snack but I didn't.  For breakfast, I had a slice of canadian bacon and fried/scrambled eggs (they turned into a mess but they all tasted good so it's okay).  Lunch was tuna with celery and broccoli then I had a little side dish of fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomato.  Dinner was steak and broccoli (with cheese melted on top of course).  With a day like that, can you really complain?

I'm drinking a lot of water (and crystal light) so that's also a plus.  I probably had about 80oz or so at work and I'm thinking about my 2nd glass at home already.  I feel like I might've made dinner too early and will be hungry (or just want a nosh) later.  I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it though. 

2 comments:

  1. Great First day! you are right - the first day is always the easiest, but at least there is a lot of YUMMY choices out there on low carb! Watch the Chrystal Lights - they have carbs and can affect your losses - just an FYI. I've got a GREAT recipe for yummy baked eggs I make on the weekend if you want it - My husband LOVES them and he's not doing the whole diet thing so that's a good thing :)Keep it up! One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I love about low carb! I don't feel deprived because I can have a steak or butter on my veggies or blue cheese dressing on my salad.

    As for Crystal Light - when I make it at work I generally make about 3 qts for every package (which should make 2 qts) so it is watered down. I know there are some carbs in there but I figure if it makes me actually drink more water the good outweighs the bad.

    I'd love to hear about the baked eggs!

    ReplyDelete