Thursday, September 23, 2010

!!

So, I had an appointment on Tuesday for a sonogram and meeting with a different gyno at my normal place.  I waited 2 hours and she glanced at my sonogram printout and said "everything's okay, you're good to go"  I yelled at her cause she wasted 2 hours of my life.

Today I was supposed to have an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist because of my elevated prolactin levels.  My husband was also going to get his sperm tested.

That's all been cancelled.  This morning I took a pregnancy test and it was POSITIVE!

I took one on Tuesday and Wednesday just for hopes.  This morning I really wasn't expecting anything but I decided to take it anyway since I'm 11 days past ovulation and I have one "early response test"  It was digital so there is no figuring out if there's a line - it flat out said YES+.  I actually went back and reread the directions just to make sure that YES meant Yes!  Then I ran downstairs to find my husband who was in the downstairs bathroom.  I just sat outside the door pacing in my underwear thinking I should have brushed my teeth before coming downstairs.

I'm excited and freaking out and nervous and jumpy.  I have a vacation day today from work since my doctor's appointment was at 11 and I'm getting my hair done at 4 so I just decided to take the whole day off.  So now I have the whole day to sit here and think about it. 

I know it's too early to tell anyone and that's why I'm mentioning it here.  I want to go to the doctor first before saying anything to anyone.  I should probably call my regular gyno to get an appt.  I really don't want an appointment with that other lady I saw on Tuesday.  I pretty much hated her.  Plus, I feel like when all is said and done, I'm going to prefer going to a midwife.  I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Congrats! I wish you both a full-term, healthy baby! I have yet o share images of my new grandbaby. I am having a tuff time sharing her with anyone! Anyway, babies are tons of fun and lots of work, but definitely worth it! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! So far only my sister and one friend know even though we just want to tell everyone! We're going to wait a few more weeks for the parents though (hopefully my sister doesn't accidentally spill the beans before we do haha)

    ReplyDelete