Friday, February 26, 2010

Food Waste Friday and Weekly Recap

Food Waste:

I had to throw away a big head of broccoli.  It was turning that weird light greenish color it turns before it goes completely bad.  I did end up using most of the stalks in tonight's dinner so it wasn't a total loss.  I also ended up using a whole bunch of other random leftovers in tonight's dinner so that cut back on waste this week. 

I foresee having to throw away a serving of the baked raviolis because it just wasn't that great.

Weekly Recap

We did pretty good with the meal plan this week.  I completely stuck to it Sunday-Wednesday.  Wednesday in the crock pot I ended up throwing in chicken breasts, red peppers, and this bottle of mexican green sauce (the rest wasn't in English - but it wasn't enchilada sauce).  Kind of mojo-y, kinda just good.  We served that in corn tortillas and it was tasty. 

The baked ravioli wouldn't been better if the ravioli was fresher.  I honestly don't know how long that bag has been sitting in my cabinet.  It was okay. We each had leftovers for lunch and there's still another serving.

Thursday I ended up not making the jambalaya cause I wanted to use up leftovers.  Took leftover pork chops and sliced, broccoli stalks, green pepper, pineapple salsa, green beans, butternut squash (as I said, any random veggie that was in the fridge) and threw it all into the wok.  Added an egg, rice, and soy sauce and we had a lovely fried rice for dinner.  Great way to use up leftovers. 
As for toinght, baked tofu is on the plan but we'll see how that goes...

2 comments:

  1. I love your profile picture of you and a duck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks! It's actually a "famous" building shaped like a duck on Long Island. Of course, when I went to visit, I had to quack like a duck next to it :)

    ReplyDelete