Thursday, September 9, 2010

So my birthday came and went and, of course, I cheated.  My work brought in a coffee cake for me and it was really good and I couldn't say no.  Then we went out to dinner with friends and my husband got me a wonderful peanut butter/chocolate ice cream cake from Cold Stone - my favorite!  But I'm back on track now and all is going well.  I'm down about 4 or 5 lbs (I don't remember since I weighed this morning).  I will update with a more exact number tomorrow.

Got some not so great news from my doctor today.  I went to the obgyn about a week or so ago cause my periods have been really irregular.  They were fine the first few months off of birth control but then the past few months I've had a 54 day cycle, a 35 day cycle, and a 46 day cycle.  I wanted to know what was going on with my irregular periods.  I also have a horrid fear that I'm completely infertile.  I had blood work done last week and the results came back.  My prolactin levels are elevated.  It's not a great thing but it could be much worse.  After googling (of course), I learned that there's a pill you can take to get everything regulated, so that's positive at least.  Who knows what further tests, if any, I'll need before that happens but we'll see.

I have an appointmentwith my regular obgyn at the end of the month to go over the blood results and do a sonogram just to make sure everything else looks okay.  Then, two days later I have an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist to go over the elevated prolactin levels.  Hopefully, it's a quick fix and we can get everything back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment