Monday, September 6, 2010

food diary

Okay, so we've been eating out for dinner all weekend - as usual. 

Friday was the diner- I got coffee, soup, salad, entree, and dessert.  Coffee was half and half and sweet n low, soup I gave to the husband but had a few sips of the chicken broth, salad was Greek salad but I got blue cheese dressing on it so it was good, and then dinner was chopped steak, stuffed mushrooms, escarole, and creamed spinach.  Creamed spinach tasted sooo good so hopefully it wasn't terrible for me, escarole was terrible and I didn't eat it, dumped out the stuffing and just ate the mushrooms themselves so that was good.  As long as there was no filler in the chopped steak, I did fine.  I didn't have a sugar/carb headache afterwards so I'm guessing I did okay.  Gave my dessert to my husband while I had some more coffee.  All in all not terrible.

Saturday was eggs/bacon for breakfast then we went house hunting.  Afterwards, I ate my leftover chopped steak.  Then that night friends wanted to go to another diner so we obliged.  That time I just ate my broth out of the chicken noodle soup, again Greek salad w/blue cheese dressing, chicken sorentino.  It says it was broiled and it didn't taste like there was flour on the chicken so that was fine, eggplant was breaded so I picked around, prosciutto and mozzarella are always good.

Sunday we went into the city.  Had leftover chicken sorentino for breakfast.  Pumpkin coffee from dunkin donuts which I'm sure was terrible I just couldn't stand not getting it - I didn't add any sweetener so maybe that's slightly better?  We walked around the city a ton so lots of exercise.  Ended up going to Nobu for dinner and had the omakase- chef's choice.  The first three courses were pretty okay because they were mainly sushi. salad, tartar.  The lightly fried lobster and black cod miso w/foie gras were soooo worth the cheats.  Sooo good!!  Then there was miso soup and sushi.  So just the small balls of rice under the sushi weren't bad there.  Dessert was green tea ice cream and molten chocolate cake.  I didn't bother eating the cake (even tho it should be flour less lol) because I don't see the point in wasting the stomach room on something like that.  It I can get it at Chili's for $6, why would I pay $35 for it?  Too easy to make and I'd rather something more elaborate.  The green tea ice cream was really good though. 

Monday: We met my sister etc for lunch at a burger place.  I ate a salad with blue cheese dressing, burger (no bun) w/ Swiss cheese and sauteed onions, and a piece of broccoli.  Would've eaten more broccoli but I was stuffed.  Then we had a bowl of popcorn for dinner.  Could have made a better choice with that but there's a ton of fiber in popcorn and we definitely could've made a worse choice.

Tomorrow is my actual birthday so I will do the best I can.  Of course, all weekend long, I have forgotten to weigh myself so tomorrow ought to be fun.  If I eat crap tomorrow, that's fine.  After my birthday, I will be back on track.  We already have a good, low carb, Rosh Hashanah dinner planned that I'm looking forward to.  I'll probably have to go food shopping after work tomorrow to pick up the last minute ingredients though. 

How was your weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment