Thursday, September 2, 2010

AT&T Sucks

So, in a nut shell, we placed an order for an iPhone 4 on July 26 at 9pm and then cancelled it on July 27 at 2pm.  AT&T messed up and sent out the phone (and charged our credit card) anyway.  We received the phone and mailed it back on August 11.  We still have not yet received our money back.  The money that AT&T took even though we had confirmation of the cancellation.  On August 26, I spent 2 hours on the phone with no help whatsoever.  I was on hold for over an hour waiting for a supervisor when the phone hung up. 

My husband called back and spoke with a supervisor and they told us we'd have our credit within 24 hours.  We waited until this Wednesday because of the weekend and, frankly, we forgot.  I called and was told I'd have to wait another 10-14 days because they haven't received the phone yet.  This got me worried, what if they never received the phone back?  The phone we cancelled and should never have been shipped in the first place.  We dropped it off at the post office and used their label and it shows that it was picked up from there.  I don't want to be responsible for this phone. 

I was told there was nothing that could be done and speaking with a supervisor would be useless.  Then, the rude customer service agent, hung up on me.  I was admittedly pissed off at this point.  I emailed customer service twice telling them how terrible they were and I twittered about AT&T's suckiness.  I was annoyed and sick of wasting time on the phone. 

Someone contacted me via twitter and pretended he wanted to help.  Yeah, he has not responded back to my email yet and it's been about 40 hours.  A random person responded to my email, I explained the story and asked for my refund.  A different person responded and told me everything was taken care of and I'd have to wait 10-14 days.  It has already been a month since AT&T stole my money.  I wrote back and again reiterated my story.  A third agent responded back without helping me at all. 

Finally, a fourth person responded and again said she wanted to help.  She ended up calling my husband around noon and he had to argue because, silly us, we want our money back.  $220 isn't change.  At this point, we've had to pay interest on a credit card because of AT&T's mistake.  The woman said she would call right back.  We didn't hear anything.  I bitched more on twitter and a different woman contacted me from AT&T and wanted to help.  Yeah, she has been no help whatsoever either.  Finally, around 5pm, the woman called my husband back to say that she credited our account the $220 but couldn't/wouldn't do any more. 

Now, I may be greedy asking for a credit, but seriously?  My husband and I have have spent HOURS on the phone and sent countless emails.  From my last count, we spoke to sixteen, yes SIXTEEN, different people.  We waited over a month for AT&T to give us back the money they took even though they should not have. I want compensation for all the time and anger I spent on this stupid stupid problem.  This problem that was caused by AT&T in the first place.  I had agents specifically say it was AT&T's fault, so I know I'm not crazy. 

So, yes, we have our $220 back but I want compensation for missed time.  We have both been customers for a VERY long time and this is just a terrible terrible way to be treated.

That, in a very large nutshell, is my feelings on AT&T and the annoyance they have caused me in the past month.

No comments:

Post a Comment