Friday, February 5, 2010

Food Waste Friday

This photo was actually taken on Sunday but I thought it would be silly to leave gross food in my fridge for another 5 days.



(Please excuse my very messy kitchen - I was currently in the midst of making dinner when I decided to clean out the fridge.)

From left to right: Turkey Shepherd's Pie, Lentil/Black bean chili, Lemon Chiffon Yogurt (I probably shouldn't admit that it went bad back in December..), Sweet Mashed Potatoes, 2 containers of pasta sauce that I meant to freeze (but kind of ran out of room for in the freezer and then forgot about them), Leftover Chinese food from Tuesday - Wonton soup and Lo Mein.
Not pictured but thrown out today: Leftover stir-fry.  I made it way too salty so I shoulda thrown it away that night but thought I might eat it later in the week.


Pretty much all leftovers. See why I need to work on us eating leftovers? I even tried to get some of them eaten by putting them in containers ready to go for lunch. Unfortunately, sometimes the lure of going out for lunch is so much better than leftovers.


Oh well, hopefully next week is better.





No comments:

Post a Comment