Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Lost Weekend

Our annual "Lost" weekend has come and gone. So sad.  The weekend before the season premiere my husband and I hole up on the couch and watch the entire previous season.  We dont leave our pjs for the whole weekend (which might be my favorite part)  It was easier this year since there were only 16 episodes.  It feels (almost) too long when the seasons are 24 episodes long. 

Anyway, we've done this every year before the new season starts.  Well, except when the 2nd season started because I thought the show was stupid and only my husband watched it.  But the 2nd season had a big break where I caught up on everything in about a week (I fell in love quickly with the show).

Last night was the season premiere.  I don't know if anyone reading this watches the show so I won't be posting any spoilers.  I don't want to ruin anything.  We normally get together with friends so we can all watch the show together.  Ya know, gasp and cry in unison and throw out our random theories during the commercial breaks.  Genereally, the husband and I get into ridiculous debates about the philosphy behind the show.  That's when I tell him he needs to read more philosophy books and throw my philosphy minor at him.  One of us usually breaks and starts laughing and the debate is over.

It was a bittersweet weekend and a bittersweet season premiere.  Of course, we were excited that the show is back, but it's the beginning of the end. 

I did make sure to mention to the husband during the weekend that, hopefully, this time next year we can be rewatching the final season at 3am between feedings of a baby.  Perhaps that wasn't the best way to word it..

No comments:

Post a Comment