Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pizza Week

We've had pizza twice this week.  It was homemade, so that means it's okay, right?

I also may have eaten the leftovers for breakfast this morning so that kind of means that three meals this week were pizza. I'm getting really good at flipping it off of the peel though!.  I have this garlic cheese spread stuff that was just sitting in the fridge unopened.  So I put a nice layer of that onto the dough, then sauce, then some shredded cheese, then tomatoes (the second time was anchovies cause they were in the fridge).  Sooo good and garlicky.  The husband just had sauce and cheese since he can't eat garlic/onions and just wanted plain pizza.

Also, the "Eat from the Pantry" isn't working.  It doesn't make sense to do it now (well, it does but still).  Our bank is currently offering $10 back for every $100 we spend in groceries until mid-March.  I'm not upping the amount I'm spending because that wouldn't save any money.  But, I've also decided that I'll just shop as normal until mid-March.  That way we can get a few bucks back and that doesn't hurt.  Once it's over, I'll try the challenge again.  In the meantime, I will try to use up more random things from the pantry (like the garlic cheese stuff.. yummmm).

3 comments:

  1. I love homemade pizza! Ever since I got my breadmaker (at a garage sale for $5!) and found out I could make pizza dough in it I have been experimenting with homemade pizza. We eat it at least once a week now! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! Homemade pizza is just so good (even when it doesn't come out well it still tastes good) and is so cheap to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Eating From the Pantry" challenge is a great idea. We can only seem to go a couple weeks though, because of my husbands love for processed foods.

    ReplyDelete