Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekly Meal Plan

This is what we're eating this week. I generally write out a meal plan for the week including breakfast, lunch, and dinner but then rarely stick to it each day. I'm going to try to do better with that as well which is why I'm taking part in Meal Plan Monday.  As long as I have 5 dinners planned out and they get eaten at some point, I'm happy.


  • Breakfasts all week: Bagels - I bought 2 dozen the other day since it was close to the same price as buying a 1/2 dozen. I could only fit 6 in my freezer so we still have a bunch to finish up.
  • Lunch: Leftovers from dinners and I'm allowing myself (and husband) one free lunch out
  • Monday: Pizza (the dough has been defrosting since Saturday so we need to use this up
  • Tuesday: Shrimp & Broccoli Orzo
  • Wednesday: Tacos or Nachos with leftover roasted chicken
  • Thursday: Chicken (and whatever fish I can find in the freezer) Paella
  • Friday: Stir Fry
  • Saturday: Out to dinner with friends
  • Sunday: Superbowl so I'll probably make a few appetizers to bring to a friend's house.
I also have a batch of olive oil bread in the fridge from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking that I'll make a loaf of whenever it seems like it would be good with dinner. It's a great book, I should do a review of it one day.

Let's hope I can actually stick to it this week!

5 comments:

  1. I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday whenever you can. There's a giveaway going on. I posted an Ellie Krieger emerald stir fry last week that you might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I actually got a new crock pot for the holidays last year and I need more excuses to try out new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy "First" Meal Plan Monday! It is really a blast and your menu looks great. AB in 5 is neat! Have a sweet week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Allison! It's so nice to meet you! Thanks for being my first follower! :) I am new to blogging too...just got started about a week or so ago. So far I really love it! Your meal plan looks great...I would love to know how you eat your bagels - do you spread butter on them and toast them in a pan then top them with cream cheese? That's how I do mine - it softens them up a bunch although I am sure I could do with less calories. :D Would also love to try the Shrimp and Broccoli Orzo - any chance you might post a recipe? :)
    By the way, I am in Mid-Missouri...the show me state and my home is also the home of the Mizzou Tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever we go to my parents, we make bagels that way. They have a restaurant so it's so nice and good on the flat top grill. At home, I just toast them and put jelly or butter (or both) on them. I've also been known to turn them into french toast bagels which is kind of what I want now..

    The orzo is so easy - I'll post a recipe later this week.

    It's nice to meet some new fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete